We understand that some employees may maintain Web logs (or "blogs"), may contribute posts to the blogs of other persons, and may maintain and participate in other social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Plaxo and LinkedIn (collectively, "social media"). In some instances, the Company and your career may benefit from your appropriate use of social media. Still, these sites have nearly unlimited communication potential, nearly unlimited duration and retention, and, unless the creator restricts access, they may be accessed by anyone around the world with access to the Internet. To protect the Company's interests, we expect that employees who participate in social media abide by the following guidelines:
- Company time and equipment, including computers and electronic systems, are not to be used for social media, including updating your personal website or profile, unless you have received prior authorization from your immediate supervisor.
- When discussing your work on a social media website, whether at home, work or otherwise, you must abide at all times with all legal and ethical requirements, as well as the Company's policies found in this Employee Handbook, including without limitation our anti-harassment, anti-discrimination and anti-retaliation policies.
- You may not disclose via social media any of the Company's confidential or trade secret information, including without limitation information about our products, services, customers, employees, and vendors that you learn in the course of your employment.
- You may not use in social media any materials belonging to the Company, including our promotional and marketing materials, unless you have received prior authorization from your immediate supervisor.
- You may not use in social media the Company's logo, letterhead or other trademarked material, including a picture of yourself wearing or displaying the Company's logo, unless you have received prior authorization from your immediate supervisor.
- You may not post or publish via social media photographs of yourself in any Company location or on the Company's premises unless you have received prior authorization from your immediate supervisor. Likewise, you may not post photographs of other Company employees without their express approval to do so.
Finally, when using social media, you must be respectful. You may not post discriminatory, defamatory, libelous or slanderous comments when discussing the Company, its officers, your supervisors or co-workers, our customers or our competitors on any social media. You should not use social media as a vehicle for personal attacks. Social media postings by you that reflect negatively on the Company, its employees, vendors or customers, or that otherwise violates any provision of this policy may result in discipline up to and including termination from employment.